Please read this policy carefully as it describes how Production Operations Limited T/A Casting Ireland and The Production People use your information. Casting Ireland reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and at its sole discretion and without notice to the Talent (you). Any such revision will be binding and effective immediately on posting of notification of such changes on the web page:
This Site and related Services are provided by Production Operations Limited T/A Casting Ireland. By using Casting Ireland’s Site and Services, the Talent agrees to the terms and conditions below.
Production Operations Ltd has an agreement with Mainboard Ltd to provide Casting Ireland software for booking and managing Talent profiles.
Mainboard is the data storer but ultimately the information provided by the Talent is owned by Production Operations Limited. Casting Ireland authorises relevant employees within Mainboard to view data for the purpose of improving the database and our casting services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, Mainboard Ltd acts as a data controller for Casting Ireland. Mainboard’s servers are hosted in the Republic of Ireland by Amazon.com Inc. so all data hosted in Mainboard does not leave the EU .
Information We Collect From the Talent
- Our service is designed to capture personal details in order that third parties wishing to recruit Actors, Models or Extras may recruit the Talent. Therefore, registration and subscribing to our service requires the Talent to give us contact information (such as name, contact and personal information, photographs and videos, professional CV, etc.).
- This information is used to contact the Talent about the services Casting Ireland provides. All other information is optional, but it is advisable to provide as much information as possible so that we can provide a better service to users of our service. The Talent’s contact information may be used to send the Talent additional information and promotional material.
- Please note that the Talent should not include any data on their profile that they would wish to remain private.
Information Submitted By the Talent
- We will use information supplied by the Talent (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) to aid the promotion, reviewing and hiring of Artists and associated administrative functions made through this Site.
- This involves among other things, processing and storing information (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) and passing or making available online such information to production crew, companies or third parties assisting them in the booking process.
- We may use third parties to help process this information as part of the intention of booking the Talent in work. We may collect and aggregate information with selected third parties. the Talent consent to us using information provided by the Talent (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) in each of these ways.
- We will process any data which the Talent provides in completing online registration or application forms and any further forms, assessments or personal details, which the Talent completes or provides to us when using the Site in accordance with Irish data protection legislation.
- If the Talent has provided us with personal information, it is their responsibility to ensure that it is correct and up to date. This will enable us to provide the Talent with the best possible service.
- The Talent must contact Casting Ireland as soon as possible if the Talent believes that any information we are holding on is incorrect or incomplete.
How Casting Ireland Uses Personal Data
Casting Ireland may use the Talent’s personal data in the following ways:
- To deliver the service effectively to their Clients and to help resolve issues the Talent may experience with the service;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between the Talents and Casting Ireland;
- To allow the Talent to participate in interactive features of our service, should the Talent choose to do so;
- To notify the Talent about changes to our service;
- To provide the Talent with information, products or services that the Talent requests from us or which we feel may interest the Talent, where the Talent has consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and other legal rights; and to comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
- Casting Ireland maintains a database of personal data for all Talent profiles created on Mainboard. For Talents looking to be introduced to work via Casting Ireland, the following shall apply:
- Casting Ireland shares relevant information (including Talent photos, contact details and worker information) with hirers and production companies.
- When a Talent is confirmed on an engagement, Casting Ireland will share compliance information on a need-to-know basis with the Hirer.
- On termination of a Talent’s registration with Casting Ireland, we will keep the Talent’s contact and compliance information for as long as required by law.
How Casting Ireland Holds and Protects Personal Data
We take a number of steps to protect the Talent’s information from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction, including where appropriate:
- Limiting access to the information we collect about the Talent (for instance, only those of our employees who need the Talent’s information to carry out our business activities are allowed access).
- Putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards including.
- All personal data collected will be processed for no longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and processed initially, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law.
Casting Ireland LTD regards the lawful and correct treatment of the Talent’s personal information by us as very important to our business. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to data protection law in Ireland and General Data Protection Regulations.
If the Talent is working via Casting Ireland through a hirer or through a third-party, please note that the Talent’s hirer or third-party may also act as the Talent Data Controller, and additionally for any third party tools that the Talent’s hirer or third-party may employ to administer the Talent’s data. It is the Talent’s responsibility to ensure that the Talents hirer or third-party only processes the Talent’s personal data in accordance with their wishes. We do not give out the Talent’s personal bank information to any hirer unless we have the Talent’s consent.